Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bugs

The weather has been warming up, so you’ve probably noticed that bugs are getting active again. In some of the vacant homes I’ve shown recently, there are various bugs on the inside windowsills, looking for a way to get out into the sunshine. Alas, many of them end up dead on the floor below the window.

As a kid, I was always fascinated by bugs (insects, to be more “formal”). My parents, noticing my interest in bugs, encouraged my interest, and got me involved in 4-H. If you don’t know about 4-H, ask me. If you do, then you know how much fun I had with my bug collection as a kid.

The photo above is from my kid’s bug collection. In fact, my daughter won a “best in show” award at the Washtenaw County 4-H show in 2006 and 2007 with her collection. Is it any surprise where she got her interest from?

Yes, bugs can be creepy, and even damaging to your home – that’s why we have “Pest Inspection” contingencies in our offers to purchase Saline real estate. But bugs can also be beautiful – witness the butterflies in the photo above – so be sure you’re looking above eye level at times so you can see first-hand!

If you like what you’re reading here, please subscribe. Thanks!

If you have questions about your specific situation, or if you’re considering buying any Saline real estate, you owe it to yourself to take advantage of my experience in the Saline market. I’d be happy to meet with you! Just give me a call at (734) 476-2063, or send an e-mail, “Vance (at) SalineMichiganRealEstate (dot) com”.

No comments: