Friday, January 4, 2008

Do you need a haircut?

How many barbers are there in the United States?

It’s funny what you remember, isn’t it?

When I was interviewing for a job during my senior year in college (Michigan, 1981), one of the interviewers asked me that opening question about barbers immediately after introducing himself.

I was momentarily stunned, but recovered quickly enough to retort “Why, do you need a haircut?”
He laughed, and the interview proceeded nicely, although I didn’t end up taking their job offer.



So here I am 25+ years later, enjoying life in Saline. And you’ll notice from my photo on this blog, that I’m remarkably coiffed. How did I get that way?

I’ve been getting my hair cut by Bill Stolberg, the owner of Bill’s Barber Shop in Saline, for many years now. Other than having a thick head of hair, I owe the appearance of my hair to Bill.




Stop in and visit with him sometime. You’ll be glad you did!

No comments: