Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to School

The Christmas holiday is over, and it’s time for the kids to return to school.

I grew up in Ann Arbor, attending Newport Elementary (now the Rudolf Steiner School), Forsythe Middle School, and Huron High school. Looking back on the experience now, it’s understandable why the Ann Arbor public schools are so highly rated. I had some great teachers (and a few clunkers, too), and learned enough to prepare me for the University of Michigan.



Now, I make my home in nearby Saline, where my children have attended the Saline Area schools. In many ways, my kids’ experience here in Saline reminds me of my own experience in Ann Arbor. There have been many outstanding teachers, and the curriculum has been well organized and challenging at each grade level.


You couldn’t go wrong with a choice of either the Ann Arbor or Saline public schools!

Having also helped buyers in Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester, Milan, Whitmore Lake, and Ypsilanti, I know the value of great schools in the choice of your new home.

If you’d like to compare any of the districts in our area, Great Schools provides an on-line view of how our schools rank, in the state, and in comparison with neighboring districts. It’s one of the free sites on the web offering school info.

No comments: